Super Late Models
In The Zone: World Series of Asphalt Stock Car Racing at New Smyrna
Feb 10, 2023
Dating back to 2016 at Myrtle Beach Speedway, the IceBreaker has been a major kickoff to the Late Model Stock Car season. Here is what you need to know ahead of this weekend's edition of the event at Florence Motor Speedway.
- The pre-race entry list for the eighth annual IceBreaker 125 at Florence Motor Speedway (SC) is at 40 heading into the weekend.
READ MORE: Earnhardt Jr. Headlines Large Field of Late Models at Florence Icebreaker
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will be racing this weekend just a few weeks after his partnership purchases of the CARS Late Model Stock Tour. Junior has done a ton for Late Model racing and short track racing in the last year and lots of people are excited about the future.
- Not only will the boss man be racing on Saturday for JR Motorsports, but Carson Kvapil will be carrying the flag for the organization as well. Just one year four wins at the CARS Tour Late Model Stock Championship.
- Kade Brown was the 2022 Florence Motor Speedway Late Model Track Champion over 2021 Track Champion Matt Cox. Both drivers will be in the field this weekend at Florence.
- 14 of the 40 drivers in the field this weekend hail from the home state of South Carolina.
- Lee Pulliam Performance has two cars entered in this weekend’s IceBreaker 125. Brandon Pierce will pilot the number two car after logging seven top 10 finishes in CARS Tour action a year ago. Brenden Queen will pilot the other car after winning the South Carolina 400 at Florence last November. Queen also won at Langley in CARS Tour action.
- Surprise entries are always nice to see and Georgia driver Kyle Plott will pilot the Meredith Motorsports entry. Plott spent a lot of time in the Super and Pro Late Model ranks in the deep south.
- This is the eighth running of the IceBreaker 125 and there have been seven different winners dating back to the race starting in 2016 at Myrtle Beach Speedway (SC). Sam Yarbrough is the only former winner on the pre-race entry list.
- The main event will be 125 laps with four other races Bandoleros, Mini Stocks, Super Trucks and Legends Cars making up the racing card.
- This race kicks off a 16-race season at Florence Motor Speedway that leads to the 31st Annual South Carolina 400 on November 17th and 18th.
Past Winners of the IceBreaker 125
2022 Josh Berry
2021 Chad McCumbee
2020 Sam Yarbrough
2019 Ty Gibbs
2018 Timothy Peters
2017 Lee Pulliam
2016 Tommy Lemons Jr.