Super Late Models
R&S Race Cars Splash into Straight Rails with Derek Thorn
Oct 29, 2022
- The historic All American 400 dates back to 1981 when Butch Lindley won the ASA National Tour and All Pro Combo event. Lindley was a short track ace and had won on such stages as the Oxford 250 and the Milk Bowl at Thunder Road. Later, Lindley would win the Snowball Derby to go along with his All American 400 win. He was the second driver to win both races behind Gary Balough.
- Three former winners are scheduled to be in the field this weekend as Matt Craig, Casey Roderick, and Bubba Pollard will be looking to get their second Nashville Guitar.
- Cole Butcher will head to Nashville looking to win the All American 400 on the heels of his Oxford 250 win. No driver has won both in the same year. Only Bubba Pollard and Butch Lindley have won both during their career.
- Derek Thorn might feel the Nashville track owes one after a pair of runner-up finishes and leading a total of 365 laps in the All American 400. Thorn was second in 2006 and 2016. He could have gotten it done after leading 202 laps in 2020 before being swept up in a wreck that day.
- Now that Stephen Nasse has a pair of Winchester 400 rifles, he’s setting his sights on a Nashville Guitar. Nasse has a third and a fourth in the All American 400, and he’s led 224 laps in his six starts. Maybe the Winchester luck will transition into a win this weekend. Ross Kenseth won both the Winchester 400 and the All American 400 in 2012.
- The main-event Super Late Model All American 400 feature will be a 300-lap contest.
- On Friday following practice, the STARS National Series held a meeting discussing its plans and ambitions for its first season in 2023.
- The 100-lap Pro Late Model race is going to be a barn burner with deep fields getting ready to put on a show for a 400 weekend crowd. Hunter Wright holds a slim four point lead on Dylan Fetcho in the Nashville Fairgrounds track championship, who is fresh off his Pro Late Model clinching run at Five Flags Speedway (FL). Cole Williams sits third in points, just 43 markers back waiting to pounce if the front two have trouble. Fetcho is the 2020 track champion while Cole Williams has two crowns to his credit.
- In case you missed it, the All American 400 weekend has been condensed into a one-day race day show on Saturday.
- You can watch all the live coverage of the weekend’s activities at the Fairground Speedway (TN) live on RacingAmerica.TV - We will have the flag-to-flag coverage of all the events on track during the weekend.