NASCAR Cup Series
Tyler Reddick Breaks Through For First Cup Win at Road America
Jul 4, 2022
There is always plenty of racing excitement on Independence Day weekend. Here is a look back at some of the racing we saw this weekend.
- Tyler Reddick becomes the 13th different NASCAR Cup Series winner during the 2022 season at Road America (WI). The victory was the first for Reddick, making him the fifth different first-time winner in 18 races. That's the most first-time winners in the first 18 races of a season since the early 1950s.
- Ross Chastain was fourth on Sunday at Road America, making him the first driver with nine top-five finishes during the 2022 season. Chastain and Chase Elliott, who was second on Sunday, both have 12 top-10 finishes during the season.
- What a ride it was for AJ Allmendinger at Road America on Saturday. Coming from 38th, he posted a sixth-place finish after a speeding penalty sent him to the back a second time. The run was good for his series-leading 14th top-10 finish.
- Scoring his eighth win in 34 races has everyone on notice about Ty Gibbs. The victory came at Road America (WI) on Saturday. Four wins have come this season and four last season in a limited schedule. The whole racing world is ready to see what he can do over the next 17 races.
- For the second time, Logan Boyett wins two features on the same night at Five Flags Speedway (FL). Boyett picked up wins in the Outlaws and the Pro Truck features. In the past, Boyett has won in the Pro Late Models and, of course, he has plenty of laps in the Super Late Models.
- A wild night saw 42 cars start the feature and only seven finish with the top two, Corey Heim and Jacob Borst coming across the line wrecking in the South Boston 200 at South Boston Speedway (VA).
READ MORE: Corey Heim Wins Slugfest South Boston 200
- Max Rowe adds his name to the list of Rowes who have won at Oxford Plains Speedway (ME) in the top division. Rowe is also the third first-time winner of the season and the ninth different winner.
- For the 10th time in his Granite State Pro Stock Series career, DJ Shaw goes to victory lane, this time at Monadock Speedway (NH). Shaw is now the first driver to reach double-digit wins with the series. This is the second time he has won at Monadnock.
- Jake Drew scores his third-straight win in the ARCA Menards West Series. This time the win comes at Irwindale Speedway (CA). This is the first time a driver has won three straight in the series since Todd Gilliland did the same in 2017.
- Ryan Newman is making the most of his SRX experience after he scored his first win at Stafford Motor Speedway (CT) and along with it his third straight top-four finish. This was also the first start for Newman at Stafford and that resulted in his first win.