ASA/CRA Super Series
Memorable Races in the History of SpeedFest
Jan 25, 2022
Some big names have competed in SpeedFest since its inception in 2005. From short track standouts to rising stars who have gone on to greater success in the higher levels of the sport, the list of drivers who have taken part in SpeedFest is an impressive one.
Here is our ranking of the 10 best resumes at SpeedFest.
1) Chase Elliott - The record of this driver in SpeedFest is nothing short of sensational. Elliott won six races between the two Late Model classes in only nine starts. His three worst finishes are sixth, sixth, and eighth. He led the race seven times in nine starts and finished every lap he could in those nine races. Elliott is hands down the best to ever run this event.
2) Bubba Pollard - The win total might not be there, but Pollard has the most starts between the two races with 19, which also comes with a win in both events. Pollard also has 11 top-five runs and 12 inside the top 10. Pollard has four overall poles and has led nearly 500 laps.
3) Jeff Choquette - Having been around since the start Jeff Choquette has seen the event grow and move all over the south. With two wins in the Super Late Model race Choquette also has five top five runs and seven in the top 10. Despite all his success, he has only led the field for 33 circuits in the race.
4) Kyle Busch - Having led over 500 laps in only seven races at SpeedFest shows that Kyle Busch has one of the historically best records. Busch has three wins and a total of five top-five runs in the Super Late Model event. Busch had wins at Lanier and Watermelon Capital Speedway. He did run one Pro Late Model race and finished sixth.
5) Harrison Burton - One win does not show the full legacy of the Harrison Burton campaign at SpeedFest. in eight races, Burton has severn top-10 finishes with five in the top five. Burton logged three overall podiums and led 247 laps.
6) David Ragan - Despite no wins, David Ragan has made a solid mark on the SpeedFest event. With seven total starts and six top-fives, Ragan was a challenger each and every year. In the Super Late Model race, he had a pair of podium finishes. In the end, he completed all 1000 laps he ran in the Super Late Model event.
7) Greg Simpson - He only ran a few times, but Greg Simpson was twice a winner in the Pro Late Model class at Lanier National Speedway (GA). Simpson is second in wins to only John Hunter Nemchek and Chase Elliott who each have three.
8) Eddie Hoffman - The 2007 winner ran the race seven times and posted three top-fives and four overall top-10 finishes. Hoffman last ran the race in 2011 and finished eighth in car number eight. He completed 94 percent of the laps he raced in the event.
9) John Hunter Nemechek - With eight overall starts and three wins in the Pro Late Model race, John Hunter Nemechek loved running the January event. He won the pole for the Super Late Model race and led over 350 laps between the two races. The Pro race was where he shined, leading 234 of the 375 posable laps.
10) Casey Roderick - With 11 starts and two wins, Casey Roderick has established himself as one of the better drivers to run on SpeedFest weekend. Roderick had more success in the Pro Late Model race with four overall podium finishes. In all, he has led over 200 laps after having completed every lap he has run in the Pro races.