NASCAR's spring short track swing ended Sunday on the dirt at Bristol. Here are some statistics of note, both from The Last Great Colosseum and short track events around the country.
- Kyle Busch stole a win at Bristol Motor Speedway (TN) on Sunday night when leaders Tyler Reddick and Chase Briscoe tangled in the final corner. The win for Busch was his 60th in the Cup Series, leaving him ninth in career wins. It also tied him with Richard Petty with 18 straight seasons with at least one win. The victory was also his ninth Cup win at Bristol, putting him in a tie with Cale Yarbrough, Rusty Wallace, and Dale Earnhardt.
- Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney each posted top-10 finishes to bring their totals to six each, and they are tied with Kyle Busch who has six as well. Despite no wins, Elliott and blarney are first and second in the points as the season begins to take shape.
- Ben Rhodes put it all together at Bristol on Friday night by winning all three segments and leading 95 of the 150 laps in the process. The win marks his fourth top-five in a row and fifth in six races this year. He has the one win, which is second to Zane Smith, but Rhodes’ finishes overall has been stronger.
- Grant Enfinger posted his third-straight top 10 finish, moving from 25th to 11th in the points in the last four races. After two runs outside the top 20, including a wreck at Daytona to start the year, Enfinger has finished every lap this season since Daytona.
- Austin MacDonald picked up his first-career PASS win at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in the 50-lap Super rLate Model Northeast Classic. A high number of 24 cars were on the lead lap for this one as MacDonald beat Brandon Baker and Joe Pastore for the win. DJ Shaw came from 28th to 11th in the 50 lap contest.
- Derek Gluchacki started off 2022 with a victory in the ACT race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. It’s only been two races since Gluckacki’s first win at Thompson last October. So now the young driver has won two of the last three events.
- Chris Madden pockets $21,000 as he went flag-to-flag for the win at Tazewell Speedway (TN). Madden started on the outside of the front row and never looked back. The $21,000 is on top of the nearly $230,000 he won at Bristol on the dirt this month.
- Layne Riggs won race number one on Saturday at South Boston Speedway (VA) to continue his winning streak there to start the year. The streak would stop at four as defending NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series National Champion Peyton Sellers won race number two.
READ MORE: Peyton Sellers, Layne Riggs Split SoBo Twins
- Taking home the 75-lap Wheelman Series win at Aubundale Speedway (FL) was Keith Lilley on Saturday night. It was the sixth start for the Lakeland, Florida driver who had never finished in the top five before in the series.
READ MORE: Lilley Scores First Career Wheel Man Victory
- Matt Cox bested a 16-car field at Florence Motor Speedway (SC) to win his first points race of 2022. Kade Brown was second. After two wins already this season, Brown has four top-two finishes in five starts. That solid start has him leading the points.