Ross Chastain and the No. 1 Trackhouse Racing team are performing like a well-oiled machine in Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series Pala Casino 400 at Auto Club Speedway.
The 30-year-old driver has now swept Stages 1 and 2 as he scored a dominant Stage 2 win.
Chastain cruised to the green and white checkered flag signifying the end of Stage 2 as he had a massive 6.673 sec. advantage over second-place finisher Kyle Busch, who drives the No. 8 Richard Childress Racing entry.
Here are the top-10 finishing results for Stage 2 of Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series Pala Casino 400 at Auto Club Speedway:
- 1 - Ross Chastain, Trackhouse Racing Chevrolet, 10 points, 1 Playoff Point
- 8 - Kyle Busch, Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet, 9 points
- 22 - Joey Logano, Team Penske Ford, 8 points
- 4 - Kevin Harvick, Stewart-Haas Racing Ford, 7 points
- 99 - Daniel Suarez, Trackhouse Racing Chevrolet, 6 points
- 11 - Denny Hamlin, Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, 5 points
- 9 - Chase Elliott, Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet, 4 points
- 48 - Alex Bowman, Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet, 3 points
- 6 - Brad Keselowski, RFK Racing Ford, 2 points
- 7 - Corey LaJoie, Spire Motorsports Chevrolet, 1 point
Stage 2 of Sunday's race was a little bit wilder than the opening frame of the event as three cautions, two for multi-car incidents, slowed the pace.
AJ Allmendinger, who was looking like he had a top-10 run going for the No. 16 Kaulig Racing team, went for a crash into the inside wall on lap 76 after Ryan Blaney and Corey LaJoie got into each other ahead of Allmendinger.
Here is video of the incident that ended Allmendinger's day:
Under the caution for Allmendinger's crash, Martin Truex Jr.'s team had an issue on pit road. The No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing pit crew did not get the left front tire tight on the car, and when Truex got to the backstretch, the tire flew off of his car.
This infraction will result in a two-race suspension for a tire changer and jack man for the No. 19 team.
Here is the video of Truex's wheel falling off:
LaJoie was involved in his third incident of the day, as the driver of the No. 7 Spire Motorsports Chevrolet went for a spin on lap 82. LaJoie got help from Tyler Reddick, which caused him to spin harmlessly through the infield grass.
Despite the incidents, LaJoie rallied to score a Stage Point in Stage 2.
The big story in Stage 2 was a 10-car collision, which erupted on a restart at Lap 87.
The drivers involved in this crash included: Todd Gilliland, Ty Dillon, Christopher Bell, Ryan Blaney, Ryan Preece, Tyler Reddick, Justin Haley, Ty Gibbs, Aric Almirola and JJ Yeley.
Here is video of the crash:
Unfortunately, this restart melee ended the day for Bell, Preece, Reddick, and Almirola.
Photo by Meg Oliphant/Getty Images
RACING AMERICA NEWSLETTER