Former ACT Champion Returning to Racing This Weekend at Loudon
Apr 14, 2022
- There will be six division races at New Hampshire during the Northeast Classic. The Northeast Mini Stock Tour will battle for 20 laps. PASS Super Late Models will have 50 laps, the Exit Realty Pro Truck will fight for 20 laps. The ACT Late Models and the Modified Racing Series will both have 50 lap events. The Street Stocks will end the day with a 25-lap event.
- In all there will be 215 laps of feature action on Saturday, but there will be many more laps run between the Friday practice and the Saturday morning sessions.
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway opened in 1990 when Tommy Ellis won the Busch Series / Busch North combo event on July 15th. The 300-lap race took nearly four hours to run. There were 65 cars on hand that weekend and 46 started the race.
THE THIRD TURN: 1990 Budweiser 300 at New Hampshire
- The pre-race PASS Super Late Model entry list shows that nearly 40 cars are expected to roll through the gates at the Magic Mile. This is a PASS North and National race. The PASS National standings have three drivers tied with 641 points. DJ Shaw, Joey Polewarczyk and Gabe Brown. Early on, this could be one of the tightest points battles yet.
- If you could put money on one driver this weekend, then Eddie MacDonald might be your man. The Massachusetts driver has 11 career wins at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. His wins have come in several different types of race cars. MacDonald has five ACT Tour wins, three ARCA Menards Series East wins, two PASS wins and a Granite State Pro Stock win.
- We saw several drivers run both ACT and PASS last season as Ben Rowe was the ACT Champion and DJ Shaw chased him for the title all season long.
- Jimmy Hebert won the ACT race last season after leading eight laps in the race. Hebert actually crossed the finish line second, but DJ Shaw was disqualified, giving Hebert the win. Tom Carey, III and Ben Rowe made up the podium.
- Johnny Clark won the PASS race for his first career win at New Hampshire. To Clark’s defense, there had only been a few races run in the PASS Series at New Hampshire. Mike Hopkins was able to snag second and DJ Shaw posted a third-place run.
- We don’t always mention that this is like the Daytona 500 for the lower classes as well. We wonder if Jim Boyle will be looking to go-wire-to-wire again in the truck race. Will Emerson Cayer do it again in the Mini Stock Race?
- Watch all the action live on RacingAmerica.TV All events this weekend will be live on the network for fans who can’t make it to the show. Log on today to set up your PPV ticket for this weekend.