Northwest Super Late Model Series
Anderson Uses Consistency to Bring Home the 2022 NWSLMS Title
Feb 4, 2023
Martin Truex, Jr. picks up his first win in the Busch Clash. It’s a big win for Truex, who is normally not a strong fairer in the NASCAR All Star events. Prior to this, he had won NASCAR All Star Open races, but not the main show in either the Clash or the All Star Race.
- Kyle Busch finished third and Austin Dillon was second, nearly a mirror image of a year ago they were both on the podium. Busch was second last year and Dillon was third. Some strong runs for the RCR teammates now.
- What a difference a year makes for Aric Almiroa. After not making the main event in the Busch Clash at the LA Coliseum, he came back a year later and won his heat to start on the pole.
- Preston Peltier won the Chilly Willy 150 at Tucson Speedway (AZ) for the third time in his career. The event celebrated its 10th running this past weekend. Peltier has won his last three starts and was second in 2018.
- Brandon Morris got a well deserved win in the SRL Sportsman ranks at Auburndale Speedway (FL). Morris won the series title in 2022 without a victory. This ends the dry spell as he picked up his sixth career win in the series.
- The World Series of Asphalt Stock Car Racing is set to begin later this week and we can’t help but love the car count breakdown. This has to be one of the healthiest entry lists entering Speedweeks in a long time.
Tour Mods 49
NASCAR Modified 36
602 Mods 34
Super Late Models 23
Pro Late Models 33
Florida Modifieds 16
Pro Trucks 18
-Photo credit: Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images