ARCA/CRA Super Series
Sawalich Wins Clean Harbors/Safety Kleen Glass City 100 at Toledo
Sep 18, 2022
- For the third-straight playoff race, a non-playoff driver went to victory lane in the NASCAR Cup Series. Chris Buescher came from 20th to win the night race at Bristol Motor Speedway (TN). With the win, Buescher becomes the 19th different winner in the Cup Series this year.
- The wild first round came to an end with Kyle Busch and Tyler Reddick missing the final cutoff by two points each. Busch had two engine failures in the three races and failed for the first time in his career to advance past the first round.
READ MORE: Oh Was There Ever Playoff Drama at Bristol
- The late season power surge for Noah Gragson has been something impressive to watch. Gragson won for the third straight week and sixth time overall. Gragson is the top point man as the playoffs begin after the Bristol Motor Speedway (TN) event.
- If you know short track racing, then you know that Ty Majeski won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on Thursday night at Bristol Motor Speedway (TN). Majeski has waited a long time to show his talents on the national stage and this was a big step.
READ MORE: Ty Majeski DIYs His Way to First NASCAR Win
- The historic Glass City 200 at Toledo Speedway (OH) produces two more winning names for the record books. William Sawalich won the CRA Super Series portion of the event while the Outlaw Late Model portion went to Trevor Berry. Both series ran 100-lap contests to make up the full distance.
- Gabe Brown held off DJ Shaw for the win at White Mountain Motorsports Park (NH) in one of the closest finishes in PASS history. Brown literally won by a nose as he crossed the finish line on the outside of Shaw who couldn’t make it work on the bottom coming to the checkered.
- If that finish wasn’t enough, Patrick Laperle edged DJ Shaw in the ACT Fall Foliage nightcap at White Mountain. Laperle and Shaw were all but wrecking as they crossed the line at the finish. This is the fifth time in his career that Laperle has won the Fall Foliage 200, but all his prior wins came at Airborne Speedway (NY).
- Justin Bonsignore won for the ninth time in his NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Riverhead Raceway (NY). The win puts his with sights of his fourth championship in the ranks. To put this into perspective, the late Mike Stefanik won at Stafford 20 times and Thompson 15 times, but those tracks had four or more events every year. Riverhead only has two or three stops a year.
- Now we wait to see what happens in the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series National Championship after Peyton Sellers won both races to claim the Dominion Raceway (VA). Sellers two wins pushed him past Layne Riggs in the victory department, but nothing official has been stated about the points that had Riggs on top before the weekend.