- It’s only fitting that it was Josh Berry who claimed the victory for JR Motorsports, who celebrated 100 wins in Late Model Stock Car action. The victory came in the $50,000-to-win Thanksgiving All-Star Classic at Southern National Motorsports Park (NC). This is the second straight win for Josh Berry in the event. Berry joins Matt McCall, Jamey Caudill, and Denny Hamlin as two-time winners of this event.
READ MORE: Josh Berry Wins 100th Race at JR Motorsports in Thanksgiving Classic
- Matt McCall finished fifth for his fifth-straight top five finish in the Thanksgiving All-Star Classic. McCall, whose day job is Crew Chief for Brad Kesolowski at the NASCAR Cup Series level, has finished every lap he could run in his six career starts at Southern National.
- Robert Arch is the normal spotter for Josh Berry at the Late Model Stock level, but Arch won the Limited Late Model race at Southern National ahead of the big show. That left fellow Thanksgiving Classic winner Lee Pulliam on the top of the grandstands spotting for Berry. It was an iconic moment for two legends who are considered some of the best to ever drive a Late Model Stock.
- One year after Jimmy Blewett won the Turkey Derby at Wall Stadium (NJ) for the seventh time, Matt Hirschman returns and ups his win total to seven as well. Hirschman has won four of the last five Turkey Derby events.
- Despite not winning, Jimmy Blewett was able to score another top five run in the Tour Type Modified event at Wall Stadium (NJ). That marks 13th top five runs in 21 starts at Wall Stadium.
- Steven Reed won the SK/Wall Stadium Modified 100-lap race at Wall Stadium (NJ) on Saturday. Reed had one regular season win before he bested a deep field of Modifieds. Reed didn’t even run the SK/Wall event last year, he was fifth the season before.
- A post-race tech infraction of apparent winner Ty Majeski gave Michael Atwell a second-straight Billy Bigley Memorial 128 at 4-17 Speedway (FL). Atwell led 56 of the 128 laps, The win was worth $30,000, not to mention an extra $3,000 with Atwell getting the big money for setting fast time.
READ MORE: Michael Atwell Wins Bigley 128 after Ty Majeski DQ
- Austin Nason came from 14th to post a second-place finish, and Nick Sweet was the last car on the lead lap in eighth after starting 22nd.
- It’s now Snowball Derby week and we can’t leave you without some Derby numbers. 25 rookies are attempting their first Snowball Derby start. On the Pro Late Model side there are a total of 27 drivers looking to make their first Snowflake 100 start.
- 34 Outlaws are signed up for the Snowball Derby event. They will go 50 laps on Saturday. The Modifieds of Mayhem have 30 entries for their 75-lap race on Friday night. The Pro Trucks have 18 entries, as Sportsman and Pure Stocks each have 15. Traditionally the support classes get more than what is pre-registered.