CARS Tour lowers minimum age to 12 for Pro Late Models
Nov 20, 2022
Brenden Queen scored a big win in the South Carolina 400 at Florence Motor Speedway (SC) on Saturday night. Outlasting all the yellows and restart, Queen took his first win in the South Carolina 400 after two prior starts and no finishes in the top 10.
- With all the talk about the Snowball Derby many people forget about the Bill Bigley Sr. Memorial at 4-17 Speedway (FL). The race is coming up this weekend and over 40 Super Late Models are expected for the $30,000 to win event. Some of the names on the list are doubling up with the Snowball Derby at the other end of Florida.
WATCH LIVE: Bill Bigley Memorial at 4-17 Southern Speedway
- Cannon McIntosh was looking to win the Hangtown 100 at Placerville Speedway (CA) over the weekend to be the first driver to win more the 100-lap race in the USAC Midget Series since Bobby East in 2004. McIntosh ended up seventh and Buddy Kofoid was the winner after leading 95 of 100 laps.
- It should come as no surprise that Chis Madden won the Carolina Clash Blue-Gray 100 at Cherokee Speedway (SC) on Sunday. In his 24th start in the race, he won for the eighth time in his career. Madden also logged his 13th top five run and 20th top 10 run. Surprisingly, the victory marked the first time he has won the race in back-to-back years.
- Elsewhere on the dirt Payton Freeman took home $22,000 after winning at Deep South Speedway (AL). Freeman beat out Brandon Overton and Spencer Hughes for the big win. Freeman won the pole by winning his heat race and never looked back for the win.
- The money at the Snowball Preview at Five Flags Speedway (FL) will have to be awarded another day. Rain washed out most of the day at the Pensacola, Florida track. Track officials have announced that the purse for Saturday will roll over into the Derby weekend time trials. The pole for the Snowball Derby will now be worth $2,000. Also the $300 will be added to the Snowflake pole award. Derek Thorn, we know you are listening, as you won both poles a year ago.
- Jay Sessoms picked up his third second win in his last three starts when he won the Blue Ridge Outlaw Late Model event at Lake View Motor Speedway (SC) on Saturday. Sessoms kept Matthew Nance from his 11th win of the season. Nance is about to cap off an amazing season in which he could finish every race in the top five. The season finale is next week at East Lincoln. He has already clinched the championship.
- Ross Dalton had a fine weekend at the South Carolina 400 at Florence Motor Speedway (SC). On Friday he finished second in a controversial Limited Late Model race that was cut short due to a local curfew. He followed that up with a win in the Pro Truck race and then he ran all 200 laps and was eighth in the Late Model Stock show.
- A week ahead of the Snowball Derby week, we can see there are 58 entries for the Snowball with 22 rookies and the Snowflake has 56 entries with 26 rookies. Going back to 2018, a total of 13 drivers made their first Snowball Derby start, the highest total in recent years.
- Looking ahead to 2023, New Smyrna Speedway (FL) has announced that things are a go for the Red-Eye 50-50 for Super and Pro Late Models. They are also getting ready for the World Series in February. Head to the track’s website to see more information.