Griffith Amped for 350 Supermodified Debut at Hudson
May 19, 2022
This Sunday features a Late Model doubleheader at Monadnock Speedway, with the Pro All Stars Series and American-Canadian Tour in action. Before this weekend's event, here are 10 Things to Know about Sunday at "Mad Dog."
- Monadnock Speedway is a fast quarter-mile track that opened in 1971. Primarily a Modified track in its early years, it's seen such winners as Ed Flemke, Richie Evans, Geoff Bodine, Ron Bouchard and Mike Stefanik. The full fender cars have seen Dave Dion, Mike Rowe and Robbie Crouch score victories at Monadnock.
- The PASS Super Late Models and the ACT Late Models will each run 150 laps on the Monadnock Speedway. Practice will begin at noon with racing starting at 3 pm.
- The ACT Late Models will be back at Monadnock for the first time since September 6th, 2003 when Todd Stone won a 100-lap race over Brent Dragon. Stone came from 14th that day to get the win.
- This will be the first-ever PASS Super Late Model and PASS Modified events at the quarter-mile track. PASS has been to nearly 100 points races in New Hampshire, but this is their first at the facility.
- After four races this year in the PASS Super Late Models, Eddie MacDonald leads the standings with a win and four top-10 finishes. His margin is a solid 34 points over DJ Shaw, but there is still a lot of racing left to go.
- With Oxford Plains Speedway running Saturday night, there could be some drivers who try to make a doubleheader of the weekend on the Super Late Model side.
- Derek Gluchacki and Nick Sweet have won this season under the ACT Banner. Gluchacki has a pair of top 10s and leads the standings over DJ Shaw, who has a pair as well.
- DJ Shaw will be one to watch as in three prior races at Monadnock in other series, he has a win and a pair of seconds. Likely he’ll have the most experience among the regulars.
- Joey Polewarczyk has had a fine start to the season, we caught up with him to see how he views the success.
- RacingAmerica.TV will be live with all events on the broadcast stream. Both the ACT race, the PASS race, and the Modified race will be the key events.