Northwest Super Late Model Series
NWSLMS Postpones Chad Hinkle Memorial 138
May 26, 2022
The Coastal 200 roars to life this weekend in Wiscasset, marking one of the marquee events at the Maine bullring. Ahead of the race, here are 10 things to know about the Coastal 200.
- A year ago in the Coastal 200, Josh St. Clair went to victory lane for the second time in this race. St. Clair led only two laps, as he got around Chris Thorne in the final two laps. The race was highly competitive with nine lead changes among five drivers.
- The winner of the Coastal 200 will pocket $5,000 for the victory. This is one of the bigger pay days for Late Model drivers in the region.
- The Coastal 200 is 200 green-flag laps of racing around Wiscasset Speedway.
- By our count, this will be the 17th time this race has been run, however full records are incomplete. If you have any additional information on races, please feel free to share them with us.
- Shane Clark and Jett Decker are the two Late Model Sportsman winners from this season at Wiscasset. Will Collins has not won, but has been on the podium both weeks.
- Ryan Ripley has won both Modified events run at Wiscasset this season. He will be one to watch in the undercard events.
- Josh St. Clair comes into the weekend in a strong spot, having finished the first two Late Model races in second. That leaves him tied atop the standings with Will Collins. 26 drivers have already scored points this season, so look for a good field with the extra distance show.
- The Wiscasset Speedway was opened in 1969 and the 1/3-mile track has hosted some big events from NASCAR to countless Late Model touring series and big events. The Coastal 150 was first run in 1996 and was 50 laps shorter then the current distance. Scott Chubbuck won that first race.
- The Costal 200 logo features a Lighthouse on the logo, as the state of Maine has nearly 70 lighthouses on it’s coast. The Kennebec River and Doubling Point lights are a few miles down the road.
= RacingAmerica.TV will be showing all the action from Wiscasset on Sunday. In addition to the Coastal 200, the Modifieds, Streets and Road Runners will also be in action.