On Saturday, $10,000 will be on the line for Late Model Stock competitors in the Solid Rock Carriers Race of Champions at Carteret County Speedway. Before heading to the track or tuning in to Saturday's broadcast from Carteret County here on Racing America powered by Speed51.TV, here are 10 Things to Know about the Race of Champions.
1. The 125-lap Late Model Stock race will feature a 10-minute break on lap 60. Tires can be swapped, but no new tires can be added.
2. Carteret County Speedway (NC) will be the backdrop for this Saturday afternoon matinee. The track is one of the newer facilities in the state after opening in 2015. This will be the first notable race held in December at the track.
3. The winner of the Race of Champions Late Model Stock event will pocket $10,000. It will also be $1,000 to start the event.
4. Connor Hall is one of the entries that will be heading to Carteret this weekend. He was fourth in his last race at Florence in the South Carolina 400 weekend.
5. Some of the other entries include Brenden Queen, Eddie Johnson, Boo Boo Dalton, Stacy Puryear, Eric Winslow, Tyler Matthews, Trevor Ward and many others.
6 - 2021 Bowman Gray Stadium Sportsman champion Tommy Neal is also one of the Late Model Stock entries.
7 - Keep an eye on Justin Johnson, who scored two wins on the CARS Tour this year and had a strong season with six podium runs. He’s hungry to finish the season strong.
8 - Racing is slated to begin at 1 p.m. on Saturday. The main event will be the Late Model Stock event that will be a 125-lap contest.
9 - Legend Cars will have a 50-lap race on Saturday as well. The Legends winner will pocket $2,500 for the victory. Their event will be the first of three as the Jr. Mini Cup Cars will also have a 20-lap contest.
10 - Stick with Racing America powered by Speed51.TV to see all the action if you can’t make it to the North Carolina coast this weekend. We will have all three races live on Saturday afternoon.
-Story by: Elgin Traylor, Racing America Southeast Correspondent