Southern Super Series
Southern Super Series Prepares to Rumble at Montgomery
Jun 9, 2022
This Saturday, the Southern Super Series season rolls on with the Rumble by the River 125 at Montgomery Motor Speedway. Here are 10 things to know about Saturday's race.
- The Southern Super Series is set to head to Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) for the 16th time in series history. Donnie Wilson and Bubba Pollard each have three wins at Montgomery. There have been nine different winners in the 15 events.
- Montgomery Motor Speedway is a track rich in history in the deep south. The track opened in 1951 and held its first NASCAR Grand National race in 1955 which was won by Tim Flock.
- Augie Grill, Bubba Pollard and Matt Craig are the only three drivers to win a Southern Super Series race at Montgomery from the pole.
- The Rumble by the River event will be a 125-lap contest.
- Bubba Pollard leads the Southern Super Series standings by 13 points over Stephen Nasse. Hunter Robbins is third in points just 30 markers back.
- The next race for the Southern Super Series will be at the Tri-County Speedway (NC) on June 25th. Chandler Smith won the race there last September.
- Hunter Robbins has to be the hottest driver coming into this race, having won his last two starts at Montgomery. These wins came in Pro Late Models, but the experience at the track can go a long way towards another win.
- Augie Grill will be in the lineup this weekend. The local driver has won twice with the Southern Super Series and 15 times with the Show Me the Money Pro Late Model Series.
- Stephen Nasse has no wins at Montgomery, but that does not mean you should count him out. He’s had two runner-up finishes and a third his last time out in a Pro Late Model. It sure seems like Nasse is due for an Alabama win.
- You can watch all the action from Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) live of RacingAmerica.TV - All feature events will be covered if you can’t make it to the Alabama track.