ARCA/CRA Super Series
Jackson Boone to Honor Alan Kulwicki at North Wilkesboro
Aug 10, 2022
The ARCA/CRA Super Series and Southern Series tackle North Wilkesboro Speedway this weekend as the Racetrack Revival rolls on. Here are 10 things to know before Saturday's Super Late Model showcase.
- This will be the first Super Late Model race at North Wilkesboro since the PASS event that was held at the track in 2011. Chris Eggleston won that 300-lap race that featured 75 cars trying to make the main event. Eggleston led the final 25 laps to score his big win.
- North Wilkesboro was a staple on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule until its final race in 1996. It’s classified as a short track, but at 0.625 miles in length it is much longer than most tracks Super Late Models see, providing a unique and interesting challenge.
- William Sawalich won the last Southern Super Series event at Five Flags Speedway (FL) on July 23rd. There have been eight different winners in the last nine races. When the ARCA/CRA Super Series was last in action, Erik Jones outdueled William Byron at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park.
- The Southern Super Series will run heat races on Friday night while the Vores Compact Touring Series will run a 50-lap race on Friday night. On Saturday, the Vores Compact Touring Series will return for a second 50-lap event before the Super Late Model event.
- The main event for the Super Late Models will be 75 laps around the North Wilkesboro track.
- The Southern Super Series points are close, as Bubba Pollard leads by 13 markers over Hunter Robbins and by 23 over Stephen Nasse. There is little margin for error this weekend with such a deep field for the title hopefuls. For the ARCA/CRA Super Series, the stretch run of their Championship Chase begins this weekend.
- Bubba Pollard has a great track record at pretty much any race track he walks into. However, in his visit to North Wilkesboro, he led 200 of the 300 laps only to finish second before a disqualification in post-race technical inspection. Pollard is looking to erase that memory.
- When the Southern Super Series last visited North Carolina, it was Hunter Robbins who won at Tri-County Speedway (NC) a few weeks back. That success in North Carolina will have him hungry for the big track.
- Stephen Nasse is one of the few drivers who has success at North Wilkesboro as he set a fast time in 2011 with a lap of 18.700 seconds. We will see where the technology curve puts the modern-day Super Late Models against that time. Nasse ended up 17th in that race, two laps off the pace.
- Watch all the action live in conjunction with RacingAmerica.TV