Revisiting the Pinty's Finish at Mosport
May 26, 2022
This Saturday marks the third round of the Show Me the Money Pro Late Model Series at Montgomery Motor Speedway. Ahead of the Disturbing the Peace 100, here are 10 things to know for the weekend.
- The fast flat half-mile track in Montgomery is the home for the Show Me The Money Series. Montgomery has been in action since 1953.
- Jake Garcia leads the Show Me the Money Points after a victory and a fourth-place run. He has a 94-86 lead in the standings after two rounds.
- Hunter Robbins is one to watch this weekend as his recent success is building momentum. Robbins is fresh off some big Pro Late Model wins in the Alabama 200 and the Allen Turner Pro Late Model Series at Five Flags Speedway (FL).
- Point leader Jake Garcia is either winning or he is right there. He was second to Robbins in the last race at Five Flags. The most recent winner at Montgomery will seek another victory, as he has six in the last two seasons and no championships just yet.
- It’s hard to imagine we are talking about rebounding after Christopher Tullis posts back-to-back fifth-place finishes to start the year. The two time defending series champion sits fourth in points as some other drivers have been just a little bit better.
- Just a note for the support divisions this weekend: Late Model Sportsman and the Street Stocks will only be able to purchase 2 new tires for this event.
- Ageless Dave Mader, III who won the 1978 Snowball Derby already has a Street Stock win at Montgomery this season on April 30th. The Mobile, Alabama native has also won the Alabama 200 at Montgomery in the past.
- This will be the 68th Show Me the Money event with Augie Grill being the all-timer series winner with 15 victories.
- The Show Me the Money Series will be idle until the next race on August 6th for the Saturday of Speed 125. They will return for the Fall Brawl on September 3rd and the Alabama State Championship on November 5th.
- Racing America will have flag-to-flag coverage of all the action at Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) on Saturday. Log on to RacingAmerica.TV to watch the event live.